Destination DC, the official convention and tourism corporation for the
nation’s capital, is currently seeking a summer intern to assist the
organization’s PR team.
• working with PR team to fulfill media requests;
• creating and maintaining media lists;
• assisting PR team with proactive journalist outreach;
• fulfilling b-roll, press kit and image requests;
• assisting with the copywriting and editing of Destination DC’s
website and publications;
fact-checking and research; and
• handling special projects or other duties as assigned.
Experience, competencies, education:
• Applicants must be junior or senior year college students in
• Communications, marketing, public relations and English majors
• Strong writing skills required.
• Familiarity with social media tools (Facebook, Twitter)
• Previous internship experience a plus.
• Familiarity with AP Style and Cision Mediasource/ Cisionpoint
• Commitment of one summer (May or June – August) is required.
The internship may be extended to the fall semester at the agreement of
the student and supervisor.
• Candidates must be able to commit at least 15-20 hours per
week to the position.
• This is an unpaid position. Destination DC will work with
intern to complete the paperwork necessary to obtain school credit.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to:
Media Relations Manager
About Destination DC: Destination DC, the lead destination marketing
organization for the nation’s capital, is a private, non-profit
membership organization of nearly 1,000 businesses committed to
marketing the area as a premier global convention, tourism and special
events destination with a special emphasis on the arts, cultural and
historic communities. www.washington.org