The special events intern will assist with the planning, coordination, execution, and evaluation Consumer Credit Counseling Service (CCCS) annual fundraising event, Purse Strings. The special events intern will work closely with the CCCS Special Events Coordinator and other Development staff to gain knowledge and hands-on experience of completing specific tasks associated with event planning and fundraising.
- Assist with procuring items for silent auction; including helping identify new donors and following up with past donors.
- Learn how to use auction software, AuctionPay. This will include making sure all auction items and guests are entered correctly, maintain event web site and use of the software event day.
- Assist with tracking RSVPs and ticket sales.
- Prepare thank you letters and other communications pertaining to events.
- Assist with preparation of event committee meetings.
- Assist with the organization of event marketing materials.
- Assist with the organization and coordination of event staff and volunteers.
- Attend the event and assist staff as needed.
Candidates MUST be available for event on Thursday, April 22, 2010. This is a non-paid internship.
Interested candidates should email resume or brief description of education background and career goals to email@example.com.
Purse Strings is a cocktail reception and silent auction of handbags, wallets and accessories from well-known designers and local boutiques and artists. This unique auction benefits CCCS educational programs that focus on helping women and young adults learn how to cope with reduced income due to major life changes, handle credit wisely, avoid financial devastation after a disaster, build money management skills and reach financial goals. This event is held annually in West Palm Beach, Orlando, Atlanta and Jackson, MS. www.pursestringsevent.org
Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Greater Atlanta is a full-service, nonprofit, financial counseling agency based in Atlanta, Georgia. We help financially-distressed people move from crisis to control by providing compassionate service and innovative and practical solutions. We see ourselves as a financial emergency room, creating hope and inspiring lasting change. Counseling is provided 24 hours a day in all 50 states over the telephone and internet in both English and Spanish. We also offer in-person counseling at 30 offices in Georgia, Florida, Mississippi and Tennessee.