United Nations Foundation
About United Nations Foundation
The Foundation's mission is to promote a more peaceful, prosperous, and just world through support of the United Nations and its Charter, with special emphasis on the UN's work on behalf of economic, social, environmental and humanitarian causes.
OVERVIEW: The Better World Fund (BWF) is seeking a full-time Project Manager to support and implement RH Reality Check’s (RHRC) Communications Connection program and to assist with RHRC’s social networking. As part of this program, the Project Manager will work with diverse coalitions, organizational representatives, funders, and other experts to increase the knowledge, information, and relationships within the reproductive health, rights and justice community in the U.S. The Project Manager will also be responsible for assisting in RH Reality Check’s social networking efforts.
The Project Manager will split their time on two projects and report to the New Media Associate.
One half of the job will be managing a web seminar series called Communications Connection, a monthly webinar for the reproductive rights, health and justice advocacy community on best practices and emerging issues. This existing series will expand into a new secure social network and online community for pro-choice advocates to share information, find resources, and work collaboratively on breaking issues. The Project Manager will work in collaboration with the consulting Project Director to develop, manage, and support both the webinar series and the online community to build leadership, connections, and knowledge in the pro-choice community.
The second half will be assisting RH Reality Check with its social networking efforts. This includes establishing and/or maintaining strong profiles on Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon and Care2 as well as helping to manage RH Reality Check’s Facebook page and Twitter account. The Project Manager will work with the New Media Associate to learn proven strategies to engage these networks in an efficient and effective way with the goal of increasing traffic to RH Reality Check’s site as well as its overall visibility on the web.
1) Coordinate a regular web seminar series for Communications Connection, working with the director to handle all logistics and organization, including:
- Publicity, registration, maintaining the list of participants, recruiting new participants; manage relationship with webinar vendor.
- Managing panelists/presenters, train them on technology.
- Managing all follow up on webinars, such as thank yous, posting materials, and evaluations.
- Keep conversations related to the web seminars going to online-related site of Communications Connection.
- Work with interested small groups to set up interim conference calls and webinars—in addition to the monthly webinars—on an as-needed basis.
2) Help establish and coordinate a secure, password-protected online community for pro-choice advocacy community.
- Help establish and maintain the community; assist in development of site, working with Communications Connection team.
- Pilot test with a small group of beta testers.
- Post information and materials to site.
- Help moderate and facilitate discussions, wikis, or collaborative efforts.
- Help train users, answer user questions, and provide general “customer service” for users.
- Monitor the site for effectiveness; analyze data regularly to track usage and effectiveness.
- Help recruit new members.
3) Help with RHRealityCheck.org’s social networking efforts
- Establish and/or maintain strong profiles on Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon and Care2.
- Use instant messaging and other tools to maintain connections with other users on these networks.
- Share RH Reality Check content and use proven strategies to gain as much visibility as possible on these networks.
- Help manage RH Reality Check’s Facebook page and Twitter account
Bachelor's degree required. One to three years of experience in advocacy, online communications, or social networking work required.
Knowledge of communications and public information techniques through different mediums, excellent writing and editing skills; social networking and online technology.
Ability to write effective copy, design and layout effective emails; work independently with limited supervision; be goal-oriented, disciplined, and be able to meet deadlines; very strong attention to detail; have a diplomatic presence; develop and maintain good working relationships with a wide variety of organizational members and partners; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; proactively engage others via social networks and instant messaging tools.
Must have a passion for reproductive health, rights and justice and motivation to launch a new project; team orientation.
UNF is located at 1800 Massachusetts Avenue, Suite 400 in Washington D.C. (Metro: Dupont Circle).
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with experience. Actual salary will depend on qualifications and anticipated contribution to the Foundation.
UNF pays 100% of medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance premiums for its employees and 75% of medical and vision for employees' dependents.
In addition, UNF provides 20 days of paid vacation per year, 12 paid holidays, three personal days per year, an immediately vested 150% matching 403(b) contribution up to a limit of six-percent of employee pay, Metro Pass benefits, and flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care.
Please apply on-line at this site.
Submit a current resume and cover letter online. Only completed applications with both a resume and cover letter will be considered.