The Georgia Aquarium is a gift to the people of Georgia from Bernie Marcus, co-founder of The Home Depot, and his wife Billi, through the Marcus Foundation. The Aquarium is overseen by a nonprofit corporation run by a board of directors. The mission of the Georgia Aquarium is to be an entertaining, educational and scientific institution featuring exhibitions and programs of the highest standards, offering engaging and entertaining visitors' experiences, and promoting the conservation of aquatic biodiversity throughout the world.
- Research and write various Internet marketing pieces, press releases, newsletter articles and Web site content
- Assist in coordinating photo and film shoots, media interviews and site visits
- Coordinate promotional opportunities with the media and traffic prize package distribution
- Work in multiple databases to keep information up to date
- Update the Georgia Aquarium Web site, www.georgiaaquarium.com
- Attend and actively participate in all department and staff meetings, special events and industry meetings outside the department as assigned
- Assist in other daily projects as assigned
- Junior or senior status with major coursework toward a degree in marketing, communications, public relations or advertising required, plus excellent written and oral communications skills and strong computer skills
- Internship requires a regular schedule of more than 25 hours per week
- This is a non-paid internship
For consideration, e-mail cover letter and resume to Ashley Payne, Manager, E-Communications and New Media. Her e-mail is apayne (at symbol) georgiaaquarium (dot/period) com.