Join a growing firm that specializes in improving quality of life by delivering knowledge to the people who need it most. IQ Solutions, a Rockville-based firm in MD, is looking for a Health Communications Associate 2.
The health communications associate 2 provides support to projects within the company’s health communications and social marketing group for government and nonprofit clients. This individual is responsible for providing support to efforts including market research, media outreach, media materials, consumer and provider education products, and campaigns and programs for multicultural audiences.
1. Prepares key documents for the client, including memos, media materials, and news releases.
2. Organizes events, including press conferences, client meetings, and trainings.
3. Writes, edits, and researches communications materials and products.
4. Interacts effectively with clients, team members, and vendors.
5. Coordinates and implements media support, e-marketing, partnership outreach, and other communications activities.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of the firm’s communications services (e.g., media relations, materials development, grassroots organizing/coalition building, design/graphics, Web, interactive media).
7. Understands and uses the Web 2.0 social media space to further our client’s mission.
8. Stays abreast of the latest communication technologies, following industry publications and advancements.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires a B.S. or B.A. degree in communications, marketing, public health, or an applicable field of study, or the equivalent education or experience, with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. Strong written and verbal communications skills are needed. The health communications associate 2 must be able to work well with others in a collaborative team environment, to think creatively, and to exercise good business judgment, flexibility, and responsiveness to changing requirements and conditions. Strong client relations skills, leading to high client satisfaction, are required. The ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, pays attention to detail, and handle a variety of responsibilities efficiently and effectively is a must. Software application skills in MS Word and MS Excel preferred. A background in public health, health education, multicultural communications, or interactive communications, as well as experience working in an agency environment on Federal Government or nonprofit projects, is preferred. The health communications associate 2 possesses visual acuity—that is, the ability to discern detail and color variations on a computer screen—as well as the manual dexterity to input, validate, and retrieve data via a computer keyboard.
Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Communications or a related field highly desirable. Also, experience in social media, media and health campaigns sought.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Interested in applying?
Please apply online http://iqsolutions.
Closing Date: Open until filled. EEO/AA