Social Media and Community Engagement Associate, AcademyHealth, Washington, DC
AcademyHealth, the professional home for health services researcher and policy analysis, is currently seeking an Associate to consult with program experts to develop and implement online and social media campaigns to support AcademyHealth’s mission and increase engagement with target audiences. The Associate is a key member of the strategic communications team and will manage AcademyHealth’s online presence, including oversight of its website, social media, and the members-only social network my.academyhealth.org. The incumbent will also be responsible for exploring and recommending strategies to leverage new, and existing, technologies to achieve AcademyHealth’s overall communications goals.
The ideal candidate is a social native, trained communicator and metrics junkie who is always asking “how can we do this even better?”
• Build and nurture relationships with key audiences via AcademyHealth’s online and social media properties.
• Collaborate with program leaders across the organization to develop and implement strategic online initiatives that support team priorities and goals.
• Ensure consistent messaging and branding across media and communicate strategic messages appropriately and effectively among target audiences.
• Draft, edit, and post content to the organization’s websites, and manage submissions and publication of content by peers and colleagues; ensure all content reflects AcademyHealth’s brand, including high standards of editorial quality, relevance, and accuracy.
• Assess and report on the performance of our online communication tools using common analytic and tracking tools; suggest and implement strategies to improve performance.
• Serve as the key marketing contact for a defined set of internal clients, creating and deploying targeted marketing campaigns to support program specific objectives.
• Stay current in emerging website/online trends and marketing techniques, recommend improvements, and understand how to apply best practices from new trends to AcademyHealth’s online/social presence.
• Develop and manage vendor and consultant relationships including working with programmers and graphic designers to develop and maintain interactive content on sites.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations or related field.
• Three to five years of online communications, website and marketing experience, with demonstrated success leading traditional and online marketing efforts.
• Excellent organizational skills and program management skills, including a demonstrated ability to efficiently plan, organize, and manage projects with limited direct supervision.
• Mature, detail-oriented, able to work well under deadlines, and work independently, collaboratively, and with a team.
• Experience promoting online material and generating traffic through SEO, social media, and AdWords.
• Experience working on a website through a content management system.
• Experience tracking web traffic metrics in Google Analytics.
• Experience in website design/management and technical skills, including familiarity with HTML5, Dreamweaver, and Photoshop.
• Strong work ethic.
• Superior customer service skills.
• Resourcefulness in solving problems.
• Ability to effectively support a variety of internal and external clients.
• Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
• Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and needs of the organization.
• Experience in health, health care or health policy environments are ideal, but not required.
This is a Level 3 position. The salary range is $48,000 to $60,000.
Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume, and three references (with phone numbers) to Human Resources Director, AcademyHealth, 1150 17th Street NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20036. Fax: 202-292-6800. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying. For more information, please go towww.academyhealth.org.
AcademyHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer: AcademyHealth will provide all applicants for employment and all employees with an equal opportunity regardless of sex, race, color, religion national origin, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, or place of business or residence.