HR/Communications Intern, Ingersoll Rand, North Carolina
As an HR/Communications Intern, you will work as a member of Industrial Technologies Sector’s HR/C team, supporting a specific project involving the implementation of a new electronic communications platform at three locations in North Carolina. The work environment is dynamic, but supportive, with an emphasis on developing your communication skills and giving you real-world experience. You’ll work up to 40 hours per week, based on project needs.
Primary responsibilities include:
• * Working with vendor (Four Winds) to create/design digital signage for multiple ITS locations within North Carolina
• * Partnering with IT on hardware and deployment of digital signage project
• * Partnering with HR teams at locations to determine ownership of digital signage (updating responsibilities)
• *Creating a mass roll-out plan for North Carolina locations and documenting this plan for possible new locations in the Americas and other regions around the globe
• *Determining sign content categories/strategies
• *Meeting with HR leaders to outline plan for signage to increase employee engagement
• *Meeting with business leaders to outline cases for use and create an editorial calendar
• *Assisting in budget planning to ensure project remains in scope
• Assisting in initial roll out and implementation/training of site owners
• Creating measurement tool for establishing effectiveness of digital signage project
Key Competencies and Success Factors:
• *Must have very strong written and verbal communication skills.
• *Strong work organization skills are required, with capability to work in a corporate, matrix structured team environment, with ability to interact/interview business leaders.
• *Must have positive work attitude and be able to focus on supporting and completing assigned projects and meeting deliverables.
• *Must have some experience and/or training in creating and developing written content for use digital communications vehicles.
• *Computer proficiency is using MS Office is required. Some familiarity with image editing software is preferred.
• *International experience of some sort is preferred.
About Ingersoll Rand:
Ingersoll Rand is a $14 billion company whose people and businesses around the world create progress for our customers in the global climate control, air conditioning and heating, industrial and security markets. These markets continue to expand as they address growing needs in developed and developing economies alike. Our products, systems and solutions increase the efficiency and productivity of industrial, commercial operations, homes, and improve the security, safety, health and comfort of people around the world. We have opportunities for career growth through our diverse businesses, which manufacture many well-recognized brands including Club Car, Hussmann, Ingersoll Rand, Schlage, Thermo King and Trane. In every line of business – Ingersoll Rand enables companies and their customers to inspire progress. For more information about Ingersoll Rand visit www.ingersollrand.com.
If interested, please email Allison Zora:Allison_Zora@irco.com