Marketing Communications Internship, The Skin Cancer Foundation,
New York, New York
The Skin Cancer Foundation is seeking an intern to support the Marketing
Communications team. In this hands-on position, you will be exposed to
all aspects of marketing communications, with a special emphasis on PR.
• creating and maintaining media lists
• monitoring media outlets to identify pitch opportunities
• media relations assistance, including drafting pitches and press
• assisting with copywriting
• supporting social media efforts
• supporting press and logistical efforts surrounding major Foundation
• administrative support
• handling special projects as assigned
Experience, competencies, education:
• Only junior/senior undergrads and graduate students will be
• Communications, PR, English and journalism majors strongly preferred.
• Excellent writing skills required.
• Comfort in Microsoft Word and Excel, Twitter and Facebook required.
• Previous internship experience preferred.
• Familiarity with AP Style and Cision preferred.
• Interest in health and beauty topics essential.
• Commitment of one semester is required.
• Candidates must be able to commit at least 15-20 hours per week to the
To apply: Resumes should be sent to Dir. of Marketing Communications
Carla Barry-Austin: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
About The Skin Cancer Foundation
The Skin Cancer Foundation is the only global organization solely
devoted to the prevention, early detection and treatment of skin cancer.
The mission of the Foundation is to decrease the incidence of skin
cancer through public and professional education and research. For more
information, visit www.SkinCancer.org.