Public Communications Inc. (PCI) is continually seeking resumes from college graduates interested in joining our media team as a media relations intern. Founded in 1962, PCI is a Chicago-based full-service national marketing communications agency with a diverse range of clients including health/medical, conservation, cultural/sports/entertainment and education.
- Three to five month internship. Opportunity for internship extension or full-time staff position after internship expires.
- Ideal candidate must be available to work full-time (8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.), five days a week.
- Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in Communications, Public Relations or Journalism. Candidates must have completed college studies or nearing graduation.
- Strong writing and organizational skills.
- Media pitching experience preferred but not necessary.
- Develop media lists for client programs using Cision Mediasource (formerly Bacon’s Mediasource). Training will be provided if needed.
- Conduct phone and email pitching to major market and trade media to secure TV, print, radio and online coverage for client projects.
- Assist in drafting media materials, including email media pitches, media alerts, news releases, and fact sheets.
- Conduct research using the Internet, phone, Factiva and Lexis/Nexis databases. Training will be provided if needed.
- Provide on-site assistance at client events, as needed.
- $10 hourly wage.
- Health and dental benefits. Interns must work an average of 30 hours per week to qualify for benefits.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com