|Take Your Education On A Mission! |
Our employees like working at the American Diabetes Association because of our opportunities, inclusive environment, benefits and culture. They remain employees because they are passionate about our cause. Experience the gratification of knowing your work impacts, the well-being of millions of people both directly and indirectly affected by Diabetes.
DESCRIPTIONThe Southeastern Pennsylvania & Southern New Jersey office of the American Diabetes Association (ADA), the nation's leading health organization focused on diabetes, is seeking an energetic and outgoing Public Relations and Communication intern. Through a variety of activities focused on reaching the diagnosed and those at high risk for diabetes, the Association works to achieve its mission: to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
The ADA seeks a highly motivated, self-starting student who is passionate about public service. Intern will provide support to ADA staff and gain valuable skills and insights while assisting with communications/public relations, event planning and volunteer outreach for the American Diabetes Association throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania & Southern New Jersey. This unpaid internship can provide school credit, offers a flexible schedule and valuable experience in the non-profit sector.
Duration: January – beginning of June
Hours: 10 - 15hrs/ week
The Public Relations Intern responsibilities include (but not limited to):
* Become familiar with the mission and the programs and events of the American Diabetes Association, focusing on the Greater Philadelphia Tour de Cure cycling event.
* Serve as spokesperson for the Greater Philadelphia Tour de Cure cycling event.
* Media monitoring and analysis
* Development & dissemination of calendar listings, press releases, media advisories, press kits, etc.
* Implement national campaign messages
* Assisting with implementation of marketing strategies
* Research and data entry projects
* Participate in the day of event activities.
* Other administrative duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS* Education in public relations, journalism, communications or related field
* Excellent writing and communication skills
* Proficiency in database management and design of spreadsheets
* Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously
* Positive demeanor and passion for fund-raising events
|When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance. You can find all of this in an environment that promotes inclusion. Are you ready to take your career on a mission? |
An Equal Opportunity Employer
* Together We Can Stop Diabetes *
Thursday, October 20, 2011
PR & Communications Internship at the American Diabetes Association in Philadelphia, PA
Posted by N Tindall at 5:26 AM