Hahnemann University Hospital is hiring an entry-level Communication
Coordinator (Job # 1105017010).
Tenet, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates acute care hospitals
and numerous related health care services. Our mission is to be
recognized for our commitment to our people and partners who provide
quality, innovative care to the patients we serve in our communities.
It's a spirit you can experience first-hand and it's a philosophy that
can enhance your own approach to health care and your career goals.
Description of Job/Essential Job Functions: Under the supervision of the
Marketing & Communications Director, the Marketing & Communications
Coordinator develops and handles marketing and communications projects
from concept to execution and distribution. Specific duties include:
- Manages hospital special events from planning stages to implementation
of event as needed.
- Arranges photography shoots as needed.
- Maintains hospital photo files.
- Manages ad production process as necessary.
- Writes and manages production of monthly hospital employee newsletter
and bi-weekly Enewsletter; prepares submissions to Tenet Today and
ETenet Newsstand as needed
- Handles reactive and proactive media relations activities as directed
- Develops media advisories, news releases, advertorials and other
public relations pieces as necessary.
- Handles public relations after-hours on-call (evening, weekend and
holiday) on a rotating basis.
- Arranges interviews/filming for media with physicians and staff.
- Escorts media while on hospital grounds.
- Maintains and updates media lists.
- Ensures proper authorizations are obtained from patients prior to
- Conduct analysis of data from PHC4 and other reports and translate
information into charts, graphs, etc.
- Manage and write content for Web site / social media site; updates Web
site / social media site as necessary.
- Develops internal communications pieces as assigned.
- Writes hospital brochures; coordinates production with outside
- Develops copy for hospital advertisements as assigned.
- Develops and coordinates updates of hospital's on-hold message.
- Manages and handles community outreach activities as assigned.
- Adheres to Tenet FTC compliance process of communication materials.
- Works with Corporate Communications as required.
- Conducts tours for VIP visitors.
- Manages and supports community relations initiatives as assigned.
- Advises on and adheres to specified budgets. Seeks approval for all
expenses above threshold amount.
- Participates in hospital committees as assigned.
- Administrative support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations,
Communications or related discipline.
- Strong internship to one year related experience. Background in
healthcare or hospital industry preferred.
- Excellent written skills; ability to translate medical terminology
into consumer terms; strong interpersonal skills, knows how to work
collaboratively with others to get things done; high-energy individual
able to put forth significant effort required in this position; ability
to present self and ideas in public forum; able to rapidly establish
credibility and relationships with a broad range of individuals; strong
sense of ethics; organized, detail-oriented and confident; ability to
act as an independent decision-maker.
Contact: Please apply online at
Job # 1105017010.