Public Relations Coordinator - Milwaukee Bucks, Inc. (Milwaukee, WI)
The Public Relations Coordinator will work closely with the department’s Director, Manager and Intern to help meet and exceed the organization’s public relations goals. The primary roles of the Public Relations Coordinator will be to handle game notes during the NBA season, work with players, coaches, staff and media to handle various interview requests, and serve as the primary contact and editor for many of the team’s annual publications, including the media guide.
The ideal candidate will have strong people skills, solid experience, a willingness to work until the job is done, a desire to bring about positive change to the organization, and an ability to work well and thrive in a team environment.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Write and edit game notes for all preseason, regular season and postseason games
• Edit, design and oversee production of the team’s annual media guide
• Write a variety of press releases for local and statewide distribution
• Attend all home games and assist in public relations operations.
• Assist the Public Relations Manager with updating and managing content on the team’s web site
• Work with department personnel to help set up radio, television and print interviews
• Maintain a master list of all completed interviews
• Help manage the department’s full-time intern and assist the intern with game night credentials, media packets and media clippings
• A minimal amount of team travel is possible
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communication, English or Sports Administration
• 1-2 years of relevant experience; NBA experience helpful
• Strong writing skills, both technical and creative
• Ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive tasks simultaneously
• Willingness to work non-traditional work hours (including nights and weekends)