Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Nonprofit PR & Special Events Internship, American Diabetes Association, Tampa, FL
Take Your Career On A Mission!
Are you looking for a career opportunity that directly impacts the community you live in? How about an opportunity to have a rewarding career working for the premier voluntary health organization that supports people with type 1 & type 2 diabetes?
Our employees like working at the American Diabetes Association because of our opportunities, inclusive environment, work-life balance, benefits and culture. When you join our dedicated team you will experience the gratification of knowing your work impacts the well-being of millions of people, both directly and indirectly, affected by diabetes.
The American Diabetes Association (ADA) is the largest voluntary health organization in the United States that deals with diabetes and its complications. The mission of the American Diabetes Association is to prevent and cure diabetes and improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes. The money raised through our various fundraising events supports diabetes research and educational programs aimed at generating awareness of diabetes and its seriousness, and educating children and adults on how to better care for this disease.
The Association is pleased to announce the opportunity for internships in our Tampa office located at 4902 Eisenhower Boulevard, Suite 295. Internships are available for Fall & Winter .
A Special Events Internship will offer experience in special events planning, media relations, volunteer coordination and working with volunteer committees through exciting, high profile events.
A Public Relations/Media Internship will offer experience in promoting special events through all types of media, including social media, print, advertising and television.
Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Aid in participant/volunteer cultivation initiatives
* Utilize communication tools to track response rates, generate and engage prospective sponsors and
* Support market focused call blitzing
* Assist in mass mailings and potential donor calls
* Oversee event registration
* Seek new volunteer bases and coordinate for desired event
* Work closely with volunteers
Other general clerical duties required as they apply.
Applicants must demonstrate proven leadership skills, attention to detail, as well as, possess talent and skill to organize, plan, manage and follow-through with responsibilities. Computer skills needed: Microsoft applications Word and Excel mandatory, Access, Publisher, and Internet research experience helpful.
Time Commitment: One semester per intern or other agreed upon timeframe. We will work with candidate to develop a schedule which meets your program requirements.
The American Diabetes Association does not offer compensation for internships. Credit hours will be allocated according to University standards.
* Passion for public health issues and the Mission of the American Diabetes Association
* Excellent writing, research and communication skills
* Experience in fundraising and event planning
* Currently enrolled as an upper-level Undergraduate student
* Some work experience
* Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously
* Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Internet and e-mail
When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance. You can find all of this in an environment that promotes inclusion. Are you ready to take your career on a mission?
An Equal Opportunity Employer
"Together we can Stop Diabetes"