TastingTable.com, the daily email publication devoted to the best of food and drink culture, has an opening for an entry level Communications Coordinator. If you have a strong interest in public relations, a hunger to succeed in a start-up environment and love to eat, we want to hear from you.
This position requires a HIGH DEGREE of organizational and communications skills, both written and oral. The coordinator reports to the director of communications and will perform a variety of duties, including essential day-to-day responsibilities related to TT's corporate communications, primary responsibilities include:
* Media list development and database management
* Drafting press/outreach/communications materials
* Conduct research on publications, reporters and key trends
* Develop familiarity with media, timely story ideas and pitches
* Create meeting agendas/recaps and weekly/monthly reports
* Monitor media for placements
* Oversee production of any printed communications collateral
* Coordinate and execute mailings
* Assist in the execution of social media strategy
* Assist with account recruitment and outreach for paid programs
* Develop event plans and coordinate details for a wide range of events (small, private dinners to large scale tasting events)
* Participate in brainstorming meetings with members of the marketing staff and sales team to conceptualize, collaborate and develop ideas
* Execute administrative tasks
* A minimum of one year of PR (or similar) experience
* College degree required
* STRONG attention to detail
* EXCELLENT writing and verbal skills
* Anticipate tasks/challenges without always being explicitly told what to do
* Able to prioritize multiple streams of work without becoming overwhelmed
* Likes trouble-shooting and researching solutions
* Energetic, personable and good-humored
* Great with computers (Mac experience preferred), including word processing, spreadsheets, photoshop and general Internet savvy
If you are interested in this entry level opportunity to join the Tasting Table team, please complete the survey below.
Thanks for your interest!
**IMPORTANT** This position is located in New York, NY and is to be filled immediately.
*Please note, all applicants who have previously applied for the position will be considered, so no need to reapply.