Communications Assistant, Reserve Officers Association, Rosslyn VA
Application Deadline: September 9, 2011
Chartered by Congress and in existence since 1922, the Reserve Officers
Association (ROA) maintains unique expertise on issues that affect the
1.5 million men and women in America’s Reserve Components. ROA, a
60,000-member, professional association for all uniformed services of
the United States is seeking a motivated self-starter for an immediate
full-time National Staff opening that will serve in the Strategic
This is a non-exempt position based in Rosslyn VA.
Basic Qualifications include:
• Motivated, self starter, equally comfortable receiving direction as
exercising individual discretion; comfortable in a group-oriented
• Excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and
the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and
staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
• Proficient in social media marketing for non-profits; strong computer
and internet-research skills.
• Basic HTML and photo manipulation experience; Photoshop preferred
• Basic journalism and editing skills; excellent oral and written
Basic functions include:
- Serve as group manager for all on-line social networking functions
such as Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In etc.
- Gather, write, edit and produce various communication products
- Scheduling interviews, research the Internet for news gathering
- Maintain various sections on the Web site
- Draft and edit and disseminate press releases
- Create Media lists using databases and online research
- Create and maintain press kits, fact sheets and other communication
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Keith
Weller at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, September 9, 2011.
Benefits include paid Health Insurance, paid vacation and sick leave,
paid parking, a Flexible Spending Account, life insurance, optional 401K
plan, optional dental/vision insurance. Salary is commensurate with