Corporate Communications Intern, Inova Health System, Falls
Inova Health System (Falls Church, Virginia) seeks an unpaid intern to
contribute to its employee communications efforts. The position offers
tremendous opportunity to learn and grow, limited only by the
candidate’s interest and ability.
This position supports the development and execution of strategic
communications plans designed to promote an informed, engaged workforce.
The intern is responsible for creating and disseminating messages via
various channels to align employee efforts with health system
priorities. The individual will write and edit content for print and
electronic newsletters and be responsible for maintaining sections of
the company’s intranet.
• Gather, edit and post information to company intranet site using
content management system
• Conduct outreach to internal stakeholders to help them understand the
capabilities and benefits of the new intranet, then help them leverage
the tool (e.g., by building a page)
• Create print communications, including flyers, posters, invitations
and marketing collateral
• Write and edit articles for print and electronic employee publications
• Create slideshows, videos and interactive media as needed
• Help plan and implement employee town hall meetings
• Graduate or current student studying journalism, communications,
marketing, healthcare management or human resources (graduate or
• Experience with content management systems or WYSIWYG web-editing
software, some understanding of HTML preferred
• Proficiency with Adobe desktop publishing software, particularly
InDesign and Photoshop; knowledge of Illustrator preferred
• Strong copywriting skills and previous experience translating complex
information into clear, concise copy
• Strong project management skills, including the ability to effectively
prioritize among various tasks
• Mature, enthusiastic individual who is self-motivated and able to take
Interested candidates should send a resume, letter of interest, and 2
writing samples (300-500 words each) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inova Health System is Northern Virginia's leading not-for-profit
healthcare provider. Since our beginning in 1956, Inova has grown from a
single community hospital to a nationally-recognized, comprehensive
network of hospitals and outpatient facilities. Inova and its 16,000
employees work to improve the health of the diverse community we serve
through excellence in patient care, education and research.