Marketing & Communications Intern (Unpaid), The Urban Affairs
Coalition, Philadelphia, PA
The Urban Affairs Coalition is seeking a Marketing & Communications
Intern for the Summer reporting to the Marketing & Communications
The Urban Affairs Coalition seeks a dynamic and organized intern for
its Advancement Department. The Communications Intern will get
practical, ground level experience in nonprofit marketing and
communications for one of Philadelphias premiere organizations.
This position is part of the Advancement Department team, which
provides leadership in fundraising, communications, events, volunteer
management and boards and committees.
UACs vision is to partner with all segments of the community to ensure
that every person has the opportunity for educational and economic
success, and a secure and healthy life. Our mission is to unite
government, business, neighborhoods and individual initiative to improve
the quality of life in the region, build wealth in urban communities and
solve emerging issues.
This internship is a great opportunity to learn a range of marketing
and communications skills while working to make a difference in peoples
- Write for a range of communications vehicles including web copy,
newsletter articles, press releases and brochure copy.
- Assist in updating and further developing the UAC website.
- Work with Director and CEO on a weekly live radio show, including
securing guests and/or preparing hosts for show.
- Help with special events and fundraisers.
- Attend meetings and write meeting notes.
- Assist in developing social media strategies.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST:
- Possess excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Be experienced in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Be techno savvy with a joy for all things electronic media.
- Be able to work 14-21 hours per week at a minimum.
SALARY: This is an unpaid position but an excellent opportunity to be
part of a fast-paced communications team for one of the regions
Contact: Send cover letter and resume to: Mary-Anne Smith, Marketing &
Communications Manger, Urban Affairs Coalition, 1207 Chestnut Street,
Suite 700, Philadelphia, PA 19107 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: