Health Communication Intern, American Institutes for Research (AIR,
Silver Spring, MD)
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is one of the largest
behavioral and social science research organizations in the world. AIR
has demonstrated influence on policy and practice in the fields of
health and healthcare policy, education, the workforce, assessment, and
international development. With a diverse and accomplished staff, AIR is
able to continually improve the quality of its research and services to
people and institutions around the globe.
The AIR Health Program focuses on improving people's lives and
communities by providing expertise and innovation in communication,
health care delivery, consumer engagement, measurement and evaluation.
We are seeking a Health Communication Intern in our Communications and
Social Marketing (CSM) group to provide professional communication and
other program support services for social marketing campaign activities
with particular focus on health and education issues. This is a
full-time, temporary position for a minimum of 4-5 months located in our
Silver Spring, Maryland office.
• Task management, client telephone and meeting contact, partner group
research, recommending partner tie-ins for clients, budget research,
fact gathering, design coordination, material preparation, community
outreach, program timeline development, event management, idea
brainstorming, budget development, new business research and preparation
• Provide monthly activity reports, meeting notes and reports, create
and track work orders.
• Research and write communication and training materials.
• Research and fact gather competitive literature and material samples
from organizations, drafting copy, incorporating client changes, final
proofing. Coordinate community outreach activities to facilitate
participation in client projects and programs, when required.
• Interact with other CSM staff, service areas, and clients in a
professional and effective manner.
• Manage small-to-mid size projects. Plan and manage work time ensuring
that assignments are completed in an efficient and effective manner and
that work is of high quality and accuracy. Work independently, seeks
guidance/direction as appropriate.
• Provide research and writing support for marketing initiatives and
proposals and develop case studies.
• Some travel may be required.
• Master’s degree or pending Master's degree in English, Journalism,
Communications, Public Relations, or related field required.
• 1 year related experience/education in communication including social
marketing, health or crisis communication is required.
• Experience in project coordination, market/communication research
• Flexibility to work extended hours when needed to meet project
• Ability to present information, communicate persuasively, and respond
to inquiries or concerns from staff or clients.
• Ability to write reports and other materials that conform to
prescribed style and format.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific, professional, and
• Ability to work in a team environment on multiple projects.
• Experience with outreach to underserved populations a plus.
• Experience in proposal development a plus.
For more information, please visit our website at www.air.org. To
apply, please go to http://jobs-airdc.icims.com and conduct a job title