Paid Summer Marketing Communications Internship, Sealants
division, Momentive Performance Materials, Charlotte, NC
The Marketing Communications Intern will assist the Marketing
Communications team with a wide range of activities including, but not
limited to, public relations, advertising, sales support and trade
shows, as well as website, packaging and collateral development. The
team handles all MarComm activities for the consumer and commercial
construction businesses; all MarComm activities are GE-branded.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Public Relations: Assist in development of national, consumer-focused
public relations programs targeting print, broadcast and online media.
• Conduct research for message development
• Edit and proofread press materials
• Monitor print, broadcast and online media
• Analyze and report on results
• Fulfill media product requests.
Trade Show Programs: Assist in the execution of trade shows and events.
• Aid in the creation of booth schedules
• Edit and proofread all trade show materials including show reports,
trade show banners, invitations, etc.
• Create event checklist and manage with key members of the team.
• Assist in creation of pre- and post- trade show reports.
Website Management: Manage and maintain content and assist with content
Marketing Collateral: Assist in the development and execution of
collateral programs, from start to finish. Includes copy development,
creative execution, proofing and print/fulfillment activities.
• Assist with copy development for materials and collateral including
sell sheets, scripts, advertisements, catalogs, etc.
• Edit and proofread all communications materials
Sales Support & Additional:
• Assist with internal and external correspondence including creative
mailers and customer inquiries
• Fulfill ad-hoc requests from sales force
• Review inventory levels at fulfillment facility and create usage
Required Education and Professional Qualifications
• Strong writing skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to drive projects across a matrix environment
• Commercially savvy
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Familiarity with AP style guide
• Computer/internet skills and literacy
• Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint
Required Work Experience
• Junior/Senior in Journalism & Mass Communications, English or
Momentive Performance Materials Inc. is a global leader in silicones and
advanced materials, with a 70-year heritage of being first to market
with performance applications for major industries that support and
improve everyday life. The company delivers science-based solutions by
linking custom technology platforms to opportunities for customers.
About the Sealants Division
Momentive Performance Materials’ Sealants division manufactures and
markets products for one of the most recognizable brands in the world –
General Electric. As an exclusive licensee, Momentive offers the
market’s most complete line of GE-branded consumer and commercial
construction silicone sealants and multiple-use adhesives. Visit
www.ge.com/silicones and www.gesealants.com to learn more.
Offices located in Huntersville - 15 minutes from downtown Charlotte.
Contact: Trisha McGuire - firstname.lastname@example.org