- Assist with promotions of specific events, programs and release of national publications, including brainstorming creative marketing ideas, or identifying story leads and interview contacts;
- Assist with logistics of press conferences and other advocacy events;
- Pitch story ideas to print, radio and TV reporters throughout the territory;
- Write or produce copy for various marketing and communications materials, such as press releases, opinion editorials, action alerts, feature stories, and/or newsletter articles;
- Assist staff by conducting legislative research and tracking state legislation;
- Provide staff with support in research and analysis of various topics, organizations, and key players;
- Provide additional assistance to the Advocacy and Communication Division as needed.
- Light travel possible within the District of Columbia to attend hearings and briefings.
Up to 20 hours per week during normal business hours