Are you highly organized, obsessively attentive to detail, and interested in working to make the world a better place?
The Marijuana Policy Project, a fast-paced lobbying organization, is seeking a Membership Coordinator to play a key role in MPP’s fundraising efforts.
This is a new position that will expand MPP's Membership Department.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
First and foremost, we’re looking for candidates with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy. If you love handling a high volume of work, getting details right, and would like to be part of a fast-paced fundraising team in the fight to end marijuana prohibition, you might be our candidate.
You should also have expertise in Excel, be highly organized and tech-savvy, and have a professional demeanor. Some database experience or exposure to fundraising is preferred, but not a strict requirement; we’re willing to teach the right candidate.
Here’s what you’ll do:
As Membership Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for coordinating a variety of tasks for MPP’s Membership Department, including:
* Managing database queries and data preparation for the department's approximately 10 annual internal fundraiser mailings
* Overseeing various MPP mailings, such as thank-you’s, renewals, info requests, and other in-house mailings; this includes data preparation and overseeing temps who stuff these mailings
* Overseeing cause-related marketing programs and tracking their revenues (such as Amazon, iGive, eBay/auctions, car auctions, etc.)
* Coordinating membership list rentals/exchanges and telemarketing programs
* Managing MPP’s merchandise and membership premium item programs
* Maintaining inventory of merchandise, letterhead, envelopes, stamps, etc.
* Performing other duties as assigned, such as updating membership information on MPP’s Web site, sending email alerts to promote events, and taking membership-related phone calls from members
The Membership Coordinator reports to MPP’s Membership Director.
Compensation The salary for the position is $35,000.
In addition, MPP offers excellent benefits, including health care, retirement contributions, and a generous vacation policy.
To Apply To apply, please see http://www.mpp.org/jobs/process.html and follow the instructions there. We’re conducting interviews on a rolling basis, so if you’re interested, you should apply as soon as possible.
About MPP With more than 124,000 members and subscribers nationwide, the Marijuana Policy Project is the largest marijuana policy reform organization in the United States. MPP believes that the best way to minimize the harm associated with marijuana is to regulate marijuana in a manner similar to alcohol.
For more information, please visit www.mpp.org.
Thanks for your interest!