Dialysis Patient Citizens, Paid Intern
A stipend may be made available to interns who can commit 18-20 hours per week.
Dialysis Patient Citizens (DPC) is a non-profit nationwide patient advocacy organization based in Washington, D.C working to improve the quality of life for the dialysis patient community, through both education and advocacy. DPC seeks an intern interested in seeking experience in public policy, non-profit management, and the health care community and/or with patient populations.
The intern will primarily be responsible for administration, event planning, independent research, writing, some social media and various other tasks. The intern will have opportunities to carry out independent research on projects as well as to write and/or edit articles for monthly DPC e-newsletters, monthly mailings and our quarterly publication. The intern will have further opportunities to communicate directly with our membership and volunteer advocates and to work on our grassroots advocacy program.
DPC is the leading voice for dialysis patients nationwide. As a part of DPC, you will be able to experience the satisfaction of knowing that your daily efforts arehelping to improve the lives of over half a million people who suffer from kidney failure. Support the mission? Then join the team!
A high performing candidate should bring the following;
· Currently enrolled as undergraduate student in a graduate or undergraduate program
· Strong oral communication skills
· Strong writing skills
· Desire to gain public policy and nonprofit management expertise
· Solid reasoning, critical thinking, and problem solving abilities
· Ability to relate to and connect with others
· Ability to multitask
To apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. References should be available upon request. Qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.
Intern with Secretary Norman Y. Mineta’s PAC – America’s Opportunity Fund
Secretary Norman Y. Mineta is looking for highly motivated interns to join a small team of professional, passionate and dedicated staff. Interns will have the opportunity to work directly with Secretary Mineta and AOF Directors while receiving valuable training on fundraising fundamentals. Responsibilities will include office administration, event planning, scheduling, and program execution.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
• Desire to elect progressive Democrats
• Interest in politics and elections
• Professional demeanor
• Ability to multi-task
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership abilities
• Strong organization skills
• Willingness to work hard
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Where: AOF’s DC office near Union Station
• Time commitment: Flexible schedule but must work at least 8 hours per week.
• Internships are unpaid but provide a valuable opportunity for college students or recent graduates to gain political experience and potentially earn class credit.