The Center for Democracy & Technology (www.cdt.org) is looking for a communications intern for Summer 2011. CDT has some of the nation's top experts in technology policy working on a wide range of projects from free expression to consumer privacy to security and 4th Amendment issues to open government, health privacy and more.
We are looking for someone who is detail oriented and has an interest in communications or journalism. Graduate and undergraduate students, as well as recent graduates, may apply. Candidates should be able to work both independently and also as part of a team. Strong candidates will be extremely proactive and able to manage several assignments at once. Creativity and a sense of humor are a must. The communications intern will work alongside the other members of the communications team on a variety of assignments that might include, but aren't limited to:
· Drafting and editing press materials
· Assisting with blogger and online outreach
· Creating and executing issue-campaign tools and tactics
· Writing content for the CDT website
· Researching online, print, radio and TV media outlets
· Developing graphics for the CDT website
. Shooting, editing and producing video and/or multimedia slideshows
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are a must
- Ability to work independently and the willingness to function as a part of a team
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and complete assignments with tight deadlines
- Knowledge of various social media tools and other Web 2.0 technologies
- A strong interest in technology policy and civil liberties
- Strong computer skills
- Experience creating and editing multimedia presentations
- Familiarity with Macs
- Video editing with Final Cut Pro
- Audio editing
- Photoshop and/or Illustrator experience
- Basic HTML experience
This is an unpaid internship with a 40 hour per week commitment.
Summer 2011 applications are due by April 4th, but strong preference is given to those who apply early. Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Thank you.