Population Services International, Washington, DC
The part-time position based in Washington, DC provides design support to the Corporate Marketing & Communications Department. The candidate will report to the Corporate Marketing & Communications Coordinator.
Duties include but are not be limited to the following:
- Create designs for PSI's 7 external publications based on PSI's overall design theme in InDesign and/or MS Word
- Convert these designs into user-friendly templates in MS Word
- Transfer most-used publications into the new designs
- Format new publications in the new design as necessary
- Design publications for the Research & Metrics department as necessary
- Create designs and templates for poster presentations and photo posters that will be displayed at conferences; and
- Categorize and input content into media database regularly
- Proficiency in using InDesign, Illustrator, MS Word and MS Access
- Pursuing a graphics design degree or certification or holds a degree in a related field
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
The position will require at least 20 hours per week, beginning in February, for a minimum of 4 months. This position can either be used for independent study credit or as a paid internship.
Please apply by emailing your resume, cover letter and 2 sample designs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include 'Graphics Design Internship Application' in the subject line. Only complete applications will be considered. No phone calls please.