Communications/Graphic Design Specialist, ITT Defense & Information
Solutions, ITT Defense Headquarters, McLean, Va.
The Communications/Graphic Design Specialist will assist the Manager,
Communications and a variety of executives within ITT Defense in
conducting a broad range of communications activities for the $6 billion
global ITT Defense & Information Solutions group. Duties will include
communications support to include media monitoring, graphic design
(print), company website updates, as well as support development of
materials for domestic and international trade shows. Limited support
for the business development organization will be required, as well.
Candidate is required to have excellent communications skills, planning,
time management and follow-through skills.
• Serves as assistant to the PR manager with PR-related activities to
include news monitoring and production of daily news reports.
• Updates the content for both the external website
(http://www.defense.itt.com) and the employee intranet. Develops
microsites; ensures web content is fresh.
• Designs print advertisements and collateral material for trade shows,
• Partner with Human Resources to create facility visuals/signage (both
print and electronic).
• Must enforce strict company branding guidelines.
• Other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree; major in Journalism, English, Advertising, Public
Relations, Marketing or Communications preferred. Candidate is required
to present a comprehensive portfolio with web work and print graphics.
• Expert knowledge in: HTML, CSS, Adobe CS4/CS5, including Photoshop,
Dreamweaver, InDesign, Illustrator, Flash, Acrobat and Microsoft Office.
• Familiarity with design and layout using InDesign; image scanning and
manipulation; creating graphs and art in Illustrator.
• Solid understanding of both print and web design. Solid understanding
of current web design practices and web 2.0 technologies.
• Ability to work with both Mac and PC platforms.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact with all levels of management and vendors.
• Must be a self-starter that is capable of taking initiative.
• Must possess sound professional and creative judgment but also be able
to take direction and feedback well.
• Must have a willingness to work in a highly collaborative environment.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple
tasks/deadlines with accuracy and speed.
• Experience with CMS software and file management systems.
• Experience in photo research is preferred.
• Ability to create montages and collages is a plus.
• Familiarity of advertisers formats such as pre-roll, In-Stream video
players, In-Page video players, Viral/Widget Expandable Players, Mobile
• Experience with Final Cut Pro or Premiere is a plus.
• Experience with After Effects or Motion is a plus.
• Experience with a professional grade 3D application is a plus.
• Experience with 4D or Maya is a plus.
• Understanding of search engine optimization as it relates to web
• Familiarity with social media as it applies to marketing.
• Qualified applicants should send their cover letter, resume,
electronic portfolio and at least two (2) writing samples to:
Please put “ITT Defense – Communications/Graphic Design Specialist” in
the subject line.