Public Relations and Marketing Associate, Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane
Dance Company, New York, NY
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Founded in 1982, the Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance Company nurtures the
art of dance, educates the public, and promotes collaboration among
members of the allied arts of music, theater, new media, visual arts,
etc. and the communities in which they work. The company has shaped the
evolution of contemporary dance through the creation and performance of
over 140 works and is recognized as one of the most innovative and
powerful forces in the modern dance world. The company has performed
its ever-enlarging repertoire worldwide in over 200 cities in 30
The Public Relations and Marketing Associate oversees the company’s
institutional and programmatic marketing and communications. The
position reports to the Producing Director and works closely with senior
administrative staff and the artistic team.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Ensure high-visibility media coverage for the company and its work.
• Serve as liaison with tour presenters for PR and marketing efforts.
• Coordinate interviews for artists and executive staff.
• Develop, maintain and distribute inventory of media tools.
• Coordinate photo and video shoots of new work.
• Write and distribute press releases.
• Write monthly e-newsletter, weekly press summary, and other regular
• Develop marketing language and design standards for all company
productions and projects.
• Coordinate tour program copy.
• Monitor media for company and industry news coverage.
• Maintain press clippings archive.
• Monitor and update social media presence. Develop social media
strategy and content.
• Write ad copy and strategize design.
• Develop and implement long-range press and marketing strategy.
• Coordinate with external publicists as required.
• Fulfill media requests for archival materials.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with writers and editors in
Compensation, including benefits, is competitive and commensurate with
qualifications and experience.
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
• A minimum of five years professional communications experience.
• Experience working effectively within a fast-paced, creatively driven
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Knowledge of dance and the related arts, and a passion for the
company’s mission, programs, and future plans.
• Established connections with local and national arts & culture
journalists and editors.
• Graphic design experience, and familiarity with Constant Contact and
Movable Type are helpful.
Submit the following materials in MS Word or PDF format to
• Cover letter
• Resume with salary history
• Up to three press/marketing writing samples
Please include "Public Relations and Marketing Associate" in the subject
The company is a registered 501(c)(3) not for profit organization and an
equal opportunity employer.