Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau
Must be able to write clean, compelling news releases, fact sheets, statements, etc. under deadline pressure and proactively pitch and place stories related to Atlanta’s hospitality industry. Ideal candidate is a “news hound” with a keen eye for PR opportunities. This position reports to the director of communications.
· Proactively pitch to national consumer publications, travel trade publications, top 25 daily newspapers, freelance writers, bloggers, and regional daily newspapers
· Package travel trends with new product to create compelling story ideas that align with ACVB’s business plan
· Develop, implement and manage strategic communications campaigns to support ACVB’s marketing programs to grow niche travel segments
· Manage reactive media relations with speed and accuracy
· Work with internal departments and research manager to develop story ideas that position ACVB as a leader in the hospitality industry
· Align social media strategy with ACVB’s Web marketing team and interactive agency
· Coordinate media interviews and public speaking engagements
· Ensure consistent messaging for the destination and company
· Assist Communications Director in developing media relations strategies for local media, regional and national media, trade publications, etc.
· Five years experience in PR, journalism or related field
· Bachelors in journalism, communications, marketing or related field
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Significant experience pitching media
· High-energy, versatile and self-directed
· Flexibility under time requirements and changing deadlines
· High level of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality
· Good analytical and organizational skills with consistent attention to detail
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email resumes to ljarrell@atlanta. net by Friday, April 30. No phone calls please.
https://www. prsageorgia. org/jobs/ job-openings/ PR-Manager/