Research and education foundation
TITLE: Development Intern--ACR Research and Education Foundation, Development Department
DATE: January 2010
STATUS: Temporary, three month internship opportunity (10 – 15 hours per work week)
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Senior Specialist, Annual Giving
SECONDARY SUPERVISOR: Senior Director, Development
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:The Development Intern will assist the ACR Research and Education Foundation’s Development Department with daily operations related to the management and facilitation of the REF Annual Giving Campaign and Planned Giving Program. This internship experience will provide a student with practical development and fundraising experience. Upon the successful conclusion of the assignment, student will have a variety of useful portfolio materials and will be rewarded with a $1,000 stipend.
- Student currently enrolled in accredited university and working towards a Bachelor’s degree.
- Junior or Senior level student preferred
- Course concentration in Business Administration, Communications, English, Marketing or Psychology preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Internet based research
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage simultaneous projects
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Reliable transportation
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Development Intern will assist the Development Department with daily operations activities including, but not limited to:
- Donor file management
- Donor relations activities
- Donor acknowledgments and thank you correspondence
- Stewardship reports
- Direct mail strategy and logistics
- Prospect research
- Data generation and reporting
- Development campaign strategy
- Attend department meetings, as necessary and appropriate
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Specialist, Annual Giving or Senior Director, Development
For more information, please contact Samantha Rasnake at firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please provide a cover letter, resume and list of references to Samantha Rasnake email@example.com.
This is not a contract. The description and duties as they relate to this position are subject to change as reasonable business necessity dictates. In the event of such changes, a new job description may be created.