MedShare is a national nonprofit headquartered in Decatur, GA that recovers surplus medical supplies and equipment from hospitals and medical companies and redistributes them to needy hospitals in developing countries. Our communications department is currently seeking a social media intern for the 2010 spring semester.
Job Description: The Social Media Intern will create social media plan and manage all social media activity for MedShare, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Blog.
Reports to: Communications Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and execute a social media plan that increases visibility and membership of MedShare’s social media networks. The plan should actively engage the public, increase SEO and drive traffic to MedShare Website. The final social media plan will be presented to MedShare’s marketing and communications staff.
- Manage all social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Wordpress Blog.
- Monitor trends in social media tools and apply techniques accordingly that will enhance social media networks.
- Educate marketing and communications staff on relevant social media trends and techniques.
- Measure impact of social media on marketing and communication efforts.
- Must be a junior or senior year student actively enrolled in an accredited university, majoring in public relations or related communications field.
- Must have basic computer skills. Some knowledge in photoshop and making short videos using flip cam is a plus.
- Ideal candidate will demonstrate interest and active participation in social media and be creative thinker who expresses ideas, self-motivated and has excellent writing skills.