GYMR Public Relations in Washington, DC is looking for paid, full-time interns for Winter/Spring 2010.
The internship runs from December 28, 2009 through May 28, 2010. Interns work closely with account teams and participate in a variety of client-related activities.
Responsibilities may include preparing targeted media lists, conducting research, assisting in partnership development, monitoring issues in the national media, participating in brainstorms and providing administrative support, as needed. GYMR interns gain valuable media relations; partnership building and health policy experience and often contribute to and provide support for national campaign launch events, and press conferences.
Applications will be accepted until December 7, 2009.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, attention to
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments
- Proficiency in Lexis-Nexis, Factiva, and other online searchable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and writing skills – a writing test will be
- administered at the time of the interview
- Strong interpersonal skills
- College degree (or near completion) in communications or related field
- The position is full time – 40 hours a week at $12/hour; $480 a week.
- Unpaid leave for vacations, appointments, etc. can be arranged.
- Business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
GYMR Public Relations
1825 Connecticut Avenue, Suite 300
Washington, DC 20009
interns (at) gymr (dot) com
*No phone calls please*