Employer: Southern Company
Division: Campus Recruiting
Job Title: Public Relations Internship
Desired Skill Set:
● Excellent communicator, writer and proofreader; knowledge of AP
style a must.
● Strong organizational, creative and problem-solving skills.
● Ability to handle multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
● Must adapt easily to change.
● Detail-oriented, while still keeping his/her eye on the big
● Computer literate/knowledge of Microsoft Office, MS Internet
● Solid knowledge of social media, including Twitter, Facebook,
● Strategic thinker.
● Excellent interpersonal skills/positive attitude.
● Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
● Flexibility to work beyond scheduled hours when necessary.
● Self-confident; takes ownership of and responsibility for
● Adept at conducting research/gathering information, especially via
● Experience (real world or classroom) in marketing/marketing
communications a plus.
● Assist in the writing and/or preparation of various PR, sponsorship
and internal communications materials.
● Compile/distribute media clip reports.
● Conduct research for various projects, such as sponsorships.
● Monitor the media space for SouthernLINC Wireless mentions.
● Update/compile media lists as needed.
● Clip evaluation reporting.
● Upload/issue releases to wire.
● Learn how to use PR Newswire clip/release monitoring tools.
● Assist in the management of projects, sponsorships and events (ex.
Southern Heroes, Any Soldier, cell tower ribbon-cuttings, etc.)
● Various administrative tasks.
● Other needs/projects as they come to light.
Application Instructions: You must apply through Panther Career Net: www.gsu.edu/career. The job id# is 14254. Contact Sanford Dennis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-413-1840 if you have any questions.