The individual must demonstrate the ability to undertake basic public relations writing assignments, and posses an understanding of basic media relations skills, an ability to interact professionally with co-workers and utilize good judgment. A working knowledge of computers, as well as word processing and database management software is necessary. The public relations intern will be mentored by the Public Relations Coordinator and Director of Public Relations. Both will help the intern prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. Interns will work between 30-40 hours a week with a maximum $800 stipend, based on the number of hours worked weekly. Prior relevant experience is preferred.
We are looking for a paid intern to work with us on a wide variety of projects. The intern:
• Drafts basic public relations materials including news releases, media alerts, fact sheets and other materials as directed.
• Attends and participates in office meetings, media training sessions, presentations and brainstorming sessions as directed.
• Assists with the management of outside vendors to successfully complete outside work, including, but not limited to printing of materials, photography, graphic arts services or supplying needed products.
• Assists with administrative duties including fax processing, sorting, collating, stuffing envelopes, mailings and other administrative functions as assigned.
• Completes journal on a daily basis describing the activities and projects completed/work on for the day
• Supports the company’s efforts by performing research activities.
In addition to the paid stipend, interns can also look forward to enjoying several office perks. LIGATT Security International likes to reward employees for their hard work by providing one or more of the following:
• Premium seating tickets in our company suite at Phillips Arena
• Frequent office luncheons
• Attending entertainment and networking events that may not be accessible company association
• Possibility to be cast in one of the company’s national commercials
• Fostering media relationships that might not otherwise be available
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and writing samples to pr (at symbol) ligatt (dot/period) com
- Location: Norcross, GA